The Epilepsy Support Group

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raising Awareness Through The Sharing Of Information

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hi from Donnetta

+2
bigbull
donnettacb98
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hi from Donnetta Empty Hi from Donnetta Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:16 pm

donnettacb98

I don't have epilepsy, but my husband does. He's had it for about 25 years. Someone I used to work with joined this group on facebook so I thought I'd check it out.
So far his seizures are kept under control with Trileptal and Lamictal. The biggest struggle is getting the insurance to cover both meds in name brand. His doc is very against him getting the generic and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas refused to pay for it. So we had to go somewhere else to get it cheaper. We just switched to Aetna and so far they are covering them both with a $60 copay each. That's a huge relief! We were paying over $500 a month for his meds! I'm so thankful they work for him.

Anyone here switch from brand to generic?

2Hi from Donnetta Empty Re: Hi from Donnetta Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:17 pm

bigbull

bigbull
Admin

hi and welcome to the forums i hope you find all your info plus if ya ever need any thing please ask any of the staff

3Hi from Donnetta Empty Re: Hi from Donnetta Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:56 am

TJW

TJW
Admin

Hello Donnetta, welcome to TESG. I hope that you find the site to be a useful source of information and support, and both myself and other staff members are available on a daily basis.

Best Wishes,
Tania x

http://www.TheEpilepsySupportGroup.com

4Hi from Donnetta Empty Re: Hi from Donnetta Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Adam F.

Adam F.

Hi Donnetta<

My neurologist is the same way....he is very anti-generic.

His reasoning behind his attitude is that the generics are not the same as the brand name, and people, a lot of people, have had very adverse reactions, i.e. increased seizure activity.

5Hi from Donnetta Empty Re: Hi from Donnetta Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:15 am

JulieC

Hi welcome to the forum, take care luv Juliexx

6Hi from Donnetta Empty Re: Hi from Donnetta Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:41 pm

Jacksmomma

Hi there, Just have a small comment to make about generic brands versus brand name meds. We are lucky to live in Canada and luckier that we have good insurance. Most of my child's meds are covered but because he is on a Ketogenic diet and cannot have anything with sugar in it we get hassled about getting the name brand meds (the generics often use sugar products as fillers and coatings) Most of the time the pharmecists want us to use the generic brands even when we cant. Its very frusterating and we have had to file many appeals with our insurance companies to get what we want. Sounds like you are very versed in meds so i wish you the best of luck. Glad you are getting it covered and that it is working Smile
HUGS** Jacksmomma

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum