The Epilepsy Support Group
The Epilepsy Support Group

Raising Awareness Through The Sharing Of Information

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Story

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My Story on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:24 am

anthony

so my name is tony and i'm 20 years old and i have absence seizures. i have had these since i was about 13. they suck! anyways, what is bugging me the most right now is the fact that i can't drive. everyday something brings up my epilepsy and not being able to drive...when im with my girlfriend, she says "i wish you could drive me for once" (not in a mean way). my seizures are controlled right now (that i know of). i havent had a grand maul in like a year. i don't know what i'm going to have as a career but i just want to be cured!! i hope this is making sense.

and if you aren't taking fish oil (omega-3 vitamins) i suggest you do, to any epilepsy patient. i once lost my medication for a week but i still had the fish oil and it kept me seizure free.

please tell me your situation

2 Re: My Story on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:35 am

Jacksmomma

Yes not being able to drive would suck but accidently killing someone because you had a seizure and had an accident would be way worse Smile Where i live if you are a controlled epileptic and have been seizure free for 5 years you can get a temporary drivers license but most people hate it because they have to get a doctors note every 9 months. Welcome to the forum I hope you find some comfort here amongst all of us xxxx Jacksmomma

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum