The Epilepsy Support Group
The Epilepsy Support Group

Raising Awareness Through The Sharing Of Information

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Story

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My Story on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:24 am

anthony

so my name is tony and i'm 20 years old and i have absence seizures. i have had these since i was about 13. they suck! anyways, what is bugging me the most right now is the fact that i can't drive. everyday something brings up my epilepsy and not being able to drive...when im with my girlfriend, she says "i wish you could drive me for once" (not in a mean way). my seizures are controlled right now (that i know of). i havent had a grand maul in like a year. i don't know what i'm going to have as a career but i just want to be cured!! i hope this is making sense.

and if you aren't taking fish oil (omega-3 vitamins) i suggest you do, to any epilepsy patient. i once lost my medication for a week but i still had the fish oil and it kept me seizure free.

please tell me your situation

2 Re: My Story on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:35 am

Jacksmomma

Yes not being able to drive would suck but accidently killing someone because you had a seizure and had an accident would be way worse Smile Where i live if you are a controlled epileptic and have been seizure free for 5 years you can get a temporary drivers license but most people hate it because they have to get a doctors note every 9 months. Welcome to the forum I hope you find some comfort here amongst all of us xxxx Jacksmomma

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum