The Epilepsy Support Group
The Epilepsy Support Group

Raising Awareness Through The Sharing Of Information

You are not connected. Please login or register

Episenta,

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Episenta, on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Benjamin

I'm about to go onto Episeta from Epilim, From what i gather there both pretty mutch the same drug just episenta being slower release,

I find it hard to allways remember my tablets and take them this is due to allways having a short term memory because of epilepsy, Im hoping that only taking episeta once at night for 24hours will help me control my episodes, im hoping for the first time in my life i can be sezure free,

My question is, Is anybody on this forum taking episeta or know of somone taking episenta and did you have any problems with it and switching over to it?,

Thankyou Benjamin,

2 Re: Episenta, on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:53 am

sophie

Hi Benjamin

I've just post reply you on a other topic
like i've put on the other one my daughter is on Episenta
Can't say how she feels but we have seen some improvement in some area but worse in other,
It must control better her seizure during the night because she's not vomiting anymore, also before taking Episenta she started to wee herself even thought she is fully potty trained and that stop aswell when she started Episenta.
the negative is that she has a lot more cluster seizure arms and hands the worst and even worst when she concentrate ( probably have nothing to do with med but awaiting for appointment with neuro)
Let me know how you get on with it
Sophie xx

3 Re: Episenta, on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:15 am

Benjamin

I will sophie dont worry i'm starting next week! So i will let you know!, You can countact me if you would like to talk more about it i dont mind,

4 Re: Episenta, on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:08 am

sophie

Thanks

5 Re: Episenta, on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Benjamin

Just a quick update Sophie, I have been on episenta for 2 days no its going allright so far, finding it hard to swollow 5 tablets at a time but at least its only at night, Im on 1500mg atm to start off with

6 Re: Episenta, on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:52 am

sophie

Hi Benjamin how r u?

do you have any side effects of episenta?

7 Re: Episenta, on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:10 am

Benjamin

The only side affects i am having so far is increased appitite witch for me being just underweight is an advantage not a dissadvantage, if you need me to awnser any more questions just let me know x

8 Re: Episenta, on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:11 am

sophie

Thanks Benjamin
is your seizure fully controled now?

9 Re: Episenta, on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:01 am

Benjamin

Well my day seizure's looks like they've stoped, but i still have night fits on and off, but its a MAJOR improvment on my last drugs im really happy with them atm, how is your daughter coping?

10 Re: Episenta, on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:02 am

sophie

I'm so please for you.
well not to good but going to see neuro tomorrow so will tell you later.
Have a nice day

Sophie

11 Re: Episenta, on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:25 pm

Benjamin

Ok please let me know how it goes sophie x

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum