The Epilepsy Support Group

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raising Awareness Through The Sharing Of Information

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doctors

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Doctors Empty Doctors Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Dori34

Recently one of my son's doctors gave him a combo of drugs that chould have killed him. He has mini and grand mal seizures, klonic jerks, chiari malformation, autism, speech and development delays. He is on keppra and topamax. He has gone through a crainatomy and decompression surgery. He is in a special ed preschool. I have had the worst time w/ his doctors. I am confused and frusterated, don't know where to go from here. He gets s.s.i since he has been listed disabled.

2Doctors Empty Re: Doctors Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:45 pm

ricky2823

the first doctor i had told me my seizures were from a cavernes angoma what ever that is,and was treated for it for some 28 years,the last doctor told me my seizures were from jme epilepsy,i dont no what too beleave.as for the meds one doctor had me on 4500mgs of keppra and 200mgs of topamax a day,and it was making me a zombe,and the seizures got much worse.I took myself of the meds he had prescribed and went back too dilantin at the time.The current doctor has me on 400mgs of lamictal and 600mgs of gabapentin a day so for so good so mabe this doctor noes what too do.sorry to here about your current doctor i wish you and your son the very best of luck.

3Doctors Empty Re: Doctors Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Jacksmomma

My Son (15months) is also taking topamax and Keppra as well as Sabril and Clopazam. When i asked about possible drug reactions between Keppra and Topamax i was told not to worry that the reactions are minimal. We call topamax the anti-emotion drug because it seems to strip our son of emotions.

4Doctors Empty Re: Doctors Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:36 am

Jacksmomma

I wish you luck sounds like your doctor is trying to find the meds that work for you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum