The Epilepsy Support Group

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raising Awareness Through The Sharing Of Information

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello

+2
sophie
cazzy79
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello Empty Hello Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:50 am

cazzy79

cazzy79

Heya, I am new. Had my first fit 8th Dec last year. Am 30. I just need to be able to talk to people about all the 'funny stuff' that's been going on. My fits seem to be controlled now since my meds were put up to 400mg. Am still suffering from abcenses, jerks and man, my memory sucks and that's getting worse. I get words all mixed up and know the word I want to say but can't find it. Is there anyone else this has happened to?
Hope you're all ok. Thanks. Hello Confused

2Hello Empty Re: Hello Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:35 am

sophie

sophie

Hi

If you still having any kind of fits you might need to have your med increase is it 400mg of lamotrigine you r on?
my little girl was on 200mg of lamotrigine and 20mg of clobazam it did do the job for about 3 months and then they were just little signs which showed me that she was still having some fits nothing to bad and most people wouldn't even notice spoke about it to my neuro which confirm that it was fits so now we just change her med to 100 mg of lamotrigine and 300mg os episenta and we taking clobazam off slowly.

I would contact my neuro if i was you
And it is a good thing if someone can capture any of your fit on video ( with a phone or other)
that can be helpfull to them.

Let me know how it went
All the best

Sophie xx

3Hello Empty Re: Hello Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:39 am

cazzy79

cazzy79

Thank you sophie. I am due to see my Neuro in Dec so will mention the meds to him!! Hope ur ok.

4Hello Empty Re: Hello Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:12 am

TJW

TJW
Admin

Hello Cazzy,

Welcome to TESG. I was diagnosed aged 28 (2yrs ago). Have tonics, tonic clonics, absences, complex partials, and myoclonic jerks. I also have some short term memory problems and often get words mixed up when speaking. Although typing/writing it happens less.

Please let me know if there's any particular info you want looked up. I thrive on the research lol Very Happy

Best Wishes,
Tania x

http://www.TheEpilepsySupportGroup.com

5Hello Empty Re: Hello Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:19 am

JulieC

Welcome to the forum, take care luv Juliexx

6Hello Empty Re: Hello Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:41 pm

bigbull

bigbull
Admin

welcome to the forum cazzy hope you find all the info you need and dont forget to have fun

7Hello Empty Re: Hello Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:26 am

Trouble

Trouble

Hiya, I know exactly what you mean. I was diagnosed with having absences in February this year and what a year it has been. Still trying to wrap my head around everything, I've seen 4 different neurologists since last year and I'm on third lot of medication.

Wishing you all the best. x x

8Hello Empty Re: Hello Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:23 am

sophie

sophie

Hi Crazzy79
How r u?
Just wandering if you seen your neuro yet and what was the outcome.
Hope you ok
Take Care
Sophie xx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum